Tickets on sale now for Holiday Homes Tour
Are you looking for some Christmas inspiration? If so, plan on attending the 7th Annual Holiday Homes Tour on Sunday, Dec. 3, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Advance tickets are on sale now.
The Holiday Homes Tour is one of two fundraisers for the Florence Symphony Guild, a not-for-profit organization, that is now in its 47th year. The Symphony Guild is the largest donor of the Symphony and provides support to other musical endeavors in the Florence area.
There are five homes featured on the tour, all located in the Florence City area. Each home is unique in style and reflects the various architectural designs found in the area.
Featured homes include:
• 600 Wensley Court in Windsor Forest. This two-year old home has an open floor plan with elegant lighting and intricate ceiling moldings. The kitchen and family room open to an open porch and pool.
• 1325 Hillside Avenue was bought by the present owners in 2010. A Charleston-style garden was designed and installed by Mitch Howell. A library was added, along with a full kitchen renovation. A mix of antiques and new treasures collected from different places furnish this home.
• 1011 Mimosa Drive is a 15-year old home. The house was designed by Scott Collins. Cherished family heirlooms and antiques fill every square inch for Christmas.
• 839 Chaucer Drive is 20 years old. “Chip and JoJo” HGTV touches are throughout the house. The Christmas tree in the music studio has falling snow.
• 1812 Jason Drive in Windermere was custom built in 1984. It has the charm of days gone by. Christmas is celebrated with eight custom trees.
Christmas decorating in each home will accent the personality of the home and the homeowners. Numerous Christmas trees will be decorated with theme ornaments as well as heirloom treasures and will vary in size.
This year, each home will feature musical entertainment. Some will have pianists and violinists. One home will feature the Florence Men’s Choral Society, and several homes will feature the students of the Florence Darlington Strings. Enjoy the sounds of the season as you stroll through the homes.
Advance tickets are $15 and day of tickets are $20. Tickets may be purchased at First Reliance Bank (Palmetto St. Branch), Taylor Garden & Gift Shop, Talbots, B.Nance Fine Gifts, Cynthia Apparel & Shoes, Forest Lake Greenhouses, or by calling 843-661-2541. Day of tickets can be purchased at the various homes on tour.
Each ticket has a Holiday Homes brochure attached, a map and a write-up of each home, and advertisements of Florence businesses supporting the tour.