Farm to School Celebration at the City Center Market (
There are many wonderful things scheduled for this weekend all over Flo-Dar…and this is one of them.
Art, food, give-aways, and a great cause
- ·There’s a small student art show celebrating Farm to School month
- ·Honey tastings and an observation beehive
- ·Locally-grown pumpkins for sale and shopping crates to benefit Florence1Schools and their thriving Farm to School program.
- ·All kinds of special event foods to taste and for sale including sweet potato waffles with apple butter; fruit parfaits; several kinds of soups and dips; sweet potato pies; hot sauces, dry spices, and canned vegetables; and the totally captivating kettle corn (from locally-grown corn) not to mention coffee beans roasted in SC.
- ·Delicious food you can find every week at the market including extra good butter, milk and cheeses; freshly baked breads; cupcakes and other sweets; meats from local, humanely- and pasture-raised stock; custom made breakfast wraps and lunch sandwiches using market ingredients
- ·A bountiful supply of late summer and early fall farm vegetables from multiple local farmers
- ·Information about Eat Smart Move More’s local Florence chapter and insulated grocery-bag give-away
- ·Big giant outdoor games brought to us by City Parks and Recreation
- ·Wonderful handmade crafts and gifts including papercrafts and greeting cards; soaps; knitted goods; doll clothes; quilts and more.
The market manager accepts SNAP EBT on behalf of all vendors who sell qualifying products and our market participates in the Healthy Bucks program!