Beef Jerky Outlet in Florence to Celebrate Grand Opening on Saturday
The newest Beef Jerky Outlet franchise will celebrate its grand opening this Saturday, March 12 at the new store at 110 Woody Jones Parkway in Florence, SC. A percentage of the proceeds from the grand opening will be donated to McLeod’s Children’s Hospital in Florence.
This local Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 200 jerky varieties and sizes, including specialty meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk with exotic flavors ranging from Moonshine to Cajun. Sales of beef jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015, as people throughout the country devoured the tasty, cured dried meat snack with a vengeance.
“Beef jerky is the latest food craze with Americans craving high protein, low fat snacks,” said Maury Jordan, owner of Florence Beef Jerky Outlet. “We are really looking forward to providing a different selection of the popular snack to people here in the Pee Dee.”
Darlington residents Maury and Angie Jordan recently opened the new franchise to great success and are planning on opening an additional location in the Sand Hills Village area of Columbia, SC within the next year.
“The anticipation for our grand opening has been through the roof, as residents of the Pee Dee are constantly telling me how excited they are to have a store that sells beef jerky in their own backyard,” said Angie Jordan.
Grand Opening Celebration!
- Come out to sample a variety of jerky flavors at the local Beef Jerky Outlet on Saturday, March 12. Gift baskets and tickets to the Carolina Country Music Festival will be raffled off throughout the day as prizes.
- Ten percent of all sales on Saturday will go to the McLeod’s Children’s Hospital in Florence.
- The Beef Jerky Outlet will also be collecting bags of jerky for troops stationed overseas.
- Eagle 92.9 will be broadcasting live between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- Talk to the local Beef Jerky Outlet owners, as well as customers, who swing by to check out the newest location that everyone is talking about.
History of Beef Jerky:
The word jerky has its origins in the native languages of South America. In the 1800s, the term “jerky” quickly spread across the new world to describe the process of smoking, drying and curing beef. American Indians, cowboys and pioneers made and embraced jerky as an easily transportable and long lasting food source. Jerky has traditionally been the No. 1 favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA has sent it up to our astronauts in space.
Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for lightweight, high protein foods. Jerky is lean, high in protein and nutritional value and low in calories, carbohydrates and fat (jerky is only 3 percent fat).
• IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry.
• Jerky is in the beef snack category - the fastest growing segment of the snack food industry (Convenience Store Decisions, Nov. 2012).
• Our nation’s health craze is fueling the jerky revolution as runners, weightlifters, hikers and weekend warriors eat it before, during and after exercise.
• Jerky is a popular snack for folks on the trendy Paleo diet, which urges consumers to eat foods from their hunter/gatherer ancestors.
• Jerky is catching on for women too, because the cured, low fat snack provides an energy boost without spoiling the diet. A study at Penn State University found physically active women ages 18–45 consider jerky as more convenient and satisfying than tortilla chips.
• Chefs are now incorporating jerky into their gourmet dishes. You can find jerky on the menus of high end restaurants in Four Seasons hotels and others throughout the country.
About the Beef Jerky Outlet:
The Beef Jerky Outlet is the world’s first national beef jerky franchise that has grown to six founder-owned stores, 53 opened franchise stores, and in the next 18 months, more than 100 across the U.S. The Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 200 jerky varieties and sizes including kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk, with exotic flavors ranging from Moonshine to Cajun. The dried, smoked meat has traditionally been the No. 1 favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA sent jerky up to the astronauts in space. Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for low fat, low calorie foods that are high in protein. IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry. For more information, please visit www.palmettostatejerky.com <http://www.palmettostatejerky.com> .
If you would rather not receive future communications from 919 Marketing Co, please go tohttps://optout.ne.cision.com/en/2XAhoeYsqC2NdJApeNRuyeCwiTXmaGyeFmG2MJbVdCRig8YYqeanDSdwgs463uFdGUTy3QecT64pXqxAzkwiiPbQNwWt2pTBxKYwWWGdpeoZzWBpMgQJ4fwisZprHAHhZQa1.919Marketing Co, 102 Avent Ferry Rd, Holly Springs, 27540 North Carolina, United States