scVOTES.org offers the following Voter Checklist
• You must register by Oct. 8 to vote in the General Election.
• Online at scVOTES.org or through the My scVOTES app (requires Driver’s License or DMV ID).
• Download and print an application at scVOTES.org, complete it and return it by mail, fax or email to your county elections office.
• Mailed applications must be postmarked by Oct. 8.
• Download the My scVOTES app on your mobile device. • Make sure your voter registration is current by checking your registration information at scVOTES.org or with the My scVOTES app.
• If you’ve moved to another county, you must register in your new county before Oct. 8.
• If you’ve moved within your county, update your address before election day.
• Get a sample ballot at scVOTES.org or with the My scVOTES app. Educate yourself on the candidates.
• Make sure you have one of the following photo IDs: SC driver’s license, SC DMV ID card, SC Voter registration card w/photo, federal military ID or US passport.
• If you do not have one of the photo IDs, make your voting experience as fast and easy as possible by getting a free one from DMV or your county elections office, available even on election day.
• Don’t forget to bring your photo ID to the polling place.
• If you forget to bring your photo ID to the polling place, you can vote a provisional ballot that will count only if you show your photo ID to the county elections office prior to the certification of the election (on Friday after the General Election).
• If you can’t get a photo ID, remember to bring your non-photo voter registration card with you to the polling place. You may vote a provisional ballot after signing an affidavit stating you have a reasonable impediment to obtaining photo ID. A reasonable impediment is any valid reason, beyond your control, which created an obstacle to obtaining photo ID.
• Vote on Nov. 8. Polls are open 7 a.m. to 7p.m. Absentee Voting: If you are unable to go to the polls on election day, are disabled or age 65 or older, you may be able to vote early by absentee ballot. Vote absentee in person at your county elections office, or request an absentee-by-mail application at scVOTES.org or by calling your county elections office.